6 Reasons to Automate Software Testing
An enterprise has to consider many factors to launch a popular software application. Along with optimizing the features, functionality and performance of the software, it also needs to ensure that the application is flawless. Most organizations opt for automated software testing to identify bugs, errors and flaws in the application by executing pre-scripted tests using a set of testing tools without deploying professional software testers.
Along with executing tests with a minimum set of scripts, the process further makes it easier for users to report the test results and compare the results with previous test runs. Also, the tools can carry out the tests on a repeated basis to make the software flawless without putting any extra time, efforts and resources. There are also several benefits that an enterprise can avail by automating its software testing process.
6 Reasons why Enterprises opt for Automated Software Testing
1) Saves Time, Cost and Resources: Nowadays, the popularity of a software application depends on its compatible with different operating systems, web browsers and devices. So evaluating the software has become a complex as well as time-taking process. The test automation tools have made it easier for organizations to test software without compromising on the results. Further, an organization can save time, money and resources by automating its software testing process. The automation tools enable users to carry out the test at any time without requiring any manual effort. Further, the test cases can run repeatedly by reducing the additional time required to rewrite and set up test cases.
2) Option to Reuse Test Cases: Often test scripts needs to be executed several times to after each development cycle. Unlike manual testing, automatic evaluation allows enterprises to carry out the same tests in the same environment. For instance, the same test script can be used to check how an internet application runs on different web browsers like Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. At the same time, the automation tools are also helpful in eliminating the chances and risk of human errors.
3) Comprehensive Software Testing: The manual testing results can be impacted by minor human errors. For instance, there are always chances that the testers may miss out factors like files, data, internal programs or memory. But automated testing process is effective in optimizing the scope and depth of evaluating complex test cases by increasing test coverage and reducing risk of human errors. At the same time, the tools are also designed with inherit capabilities to identify all types of errors, bugs and flaws by stimulating user behaviour.
4) Makes Regression Testing Easier: Each enterprise explores options to improve user experience by adding innovative features to the software. Therefore, new features are often added to an application before its launch. Whenever any new feature is added or existing features are changed, the need arises for regression testing to ensure that the application works seamlessly after the modification. The regression testing process also involves running all the test script related to the modification. The deadline of the project does not allow organizations to carry out regression testing without overlooking flaws. That is why; most organizations use automated testing tools to carry out regression testing precisely without putting any extra time.
5) Facilitates Test-driven Development: The frequent changes in user choices have made it essential for businesses to launch the software application as early as possible. A company can further beat competition by increasing the process of software development. Many organizations, nowadays, adopt test-driven software development to develop and launch the application at a rapid pace. Under this development model, each module is tested thoroughly after its completion. The automated testing tools have enabled developers to carry out both functional and regression testing during the development phase. Further, they can concentrate on optimizing the performance and security of the application, as they are not required to put extra time to find bugs and flaws.